None
Online Guests: 3
TeamSpeak 3 Status
2.0 PTU anyone wanna try test together?
Forum » MMO's » Star Citizen
Nal 28th Nov 2015

Likes 16

Hi all,

PTU test invites have been pushed to 50,000 of the lowest citizen numbers and a bunch of people who have been active in making bug reports.

I've got an invite and I guess some of you will do too.

Anyone want to try and play a little 2.0 together today? I've patched up and managed to play a little this morning, it's very buggy still, but amazing fun when it works, multicrew should be really outstanding!
Spagfoot 28th Nov 2015

Likes 46

Sorry to say my Citizen number is too high and I haven't made anywhere near enough bug reports to qualify. Once it is live for everyone and stable we shall have to set up some meet ups so we can full crew a few big ships and have a laugh!

Signature Picture

By the light of a passing glue factory, I could see he was only wearing one boot...

Star Citizen: Spaggers
Ships: Constellation Phoenix, Banu Merchantman, FC7-M Super Hornet, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, 350R, M50, Drake Interplanetary Cutlass, Freelancer MIS, Aegis Reclaimer, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Vanguard Warden, Starfarer Gemini, Anvil Terrapin. Aegis Polaris Corvette.
LOTRO: Brogo, Breaga and others
BF4: Spagfoot

Nal 28th Nov 2015

Likes 16

It's not that stable yet anyhow, I seem to crash every time between 5 to 20 minutes. A few more stability patches needed before live I think
JurGrady 28th Nov 2015

Likes 44

got an invite :-)

Steam: JurGrady | Star Citizen: Jur Grady

Geekbyte 28th Nov 2015

Likes 187

I got in, will probably stream / test it tomorrow (Sunday)

Twitch: GeekByte | Twitter: GeekByteUK
Steam: GeekByte | Origin: GeekByte
Star Citizen: Geekbyte | PSN: GeekByteUK
GreenManGaming Partner

darkfireeye 30th Nov 2015

Likes 24

would love to play together ... just follow me in the PTU too ... but at the moment I can at most play 5min ... then I crash ... not fun really after trying a long time.
I'm amazed how other people get 20min out of it ... whats your trick?

Star Citizen: Mara_Jade | Steam / Origin: darkfireeye | LOTRO: Maraldandor

JurGrady 30th Nov 2015

Likes 44

yeah, it's not really stable yet :-)

Steam: JurGrady | Star Citizen: Jur Grady

Nal 2nd Dec 2015

Likes 16

new patch 2.0g out today!

MUCH more stable, we can probably try playing together now for more than a few minutes before crashing. I'll be playing some tonight at 8 and tomorrow, Thursday at 8pm too if anyone wants to join. TS etc.
Spagfoot 2nd Dec 2015

Likes 46

./cry

Just noticed the RSI homepage is marked as "Down for Maintenance' so hopefully it's so stable they are pushing it to public!

Even then it will be days before it is downloaded

Signature Picture

By the light of a passing glue factory, I could see he was only wearing one boot...

Ships: Constellation Phoenix, Banu Merchantman, FC7-M Super Hornet, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, 350R, M50, Drake Interplanetary Cutlass, Freelancer MIS, Aegis Reclaimer, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Vanguard Warden, Starfarer Gemini, Anvil Terrapin. Aegis Polaris Corvette.

Kerric 2nd Dec 2015

Likes 6

Really looking forward to live and some multicrew/grouping shinanigans. Gonna be awesome to get a glimpse of how grouping and playing together in a Connie and wings will work.

Star Citizen: Kerrice
Wildstar: Kerrice
Planetside 2: Kerrice

Rolnicek 2nd Dec 2015

Likes 12

Seeing this patch on Twitch, I'd say that they'll push it to live very soon. Although I still think they have a memory leak somewhere. Their auto memory clear or refresh or whatsitcalled is just making it hard to pinpoint.

Signature Picture
Kerric 5th Dec 2015

Likes 6

Got in now as well. For you guys allready there, does it looks like the newest patch is stable enough that there will be a release to live soon? Uncertain if im gonna do the ptu steps if live is close

Rolnicek 5th Dec 2015

Likes 12

I'm not in the ptu, but from what I saw on Twitch, the previous patch seemed promising, this patch (H) apparently crashes a bit more, but still, I'd bet that we have live release within a week, probably sooner.

Signature Picture
Spagfoot 11th Dec 2015

Likes 46

I have finally got a decent internet connection!

But I still have no PTU invitation Anyone been playing it regularly and if so, is it looking stable yet?

Signature Picture

darkfireeye 11th Dec 2015

Likes 24

Heya ... I'm playing it once in a while ... don't have much time though and only get to jump to a com station and do some stuff. Its really fun.

Like I pulled of to sneak onto a 325a and shot the pilot once he got out of the save zone during quantum travel and had a new ship I did not own ... bad me ... (well took some tries to pull that off ... often to local physic grid fails while quantum travelling and you just fall out the ship in the middle of nowhere if you sneaked on it and are not the owner and most people of cause quantum away somewhere and do not get out of the no weapons zone via cruse mode).

Connie is really buggy with the local physics grid but an awesome ship and that fire-power even without people in the turrets. Woowhooo

With the patch today (I think they are at L now since they patch almost daily) it is pretty stable so far ... only got my fist disconnection after 25min playing and no crash any more ... so as they said at ATV (most crashes where AI spawning related) it might even go life today ...

If you see me around online give me a shout always happy to mess around together.

Star Citizen: Mara_Jade | Steam / Origin: darkfireeye | LOTRO: Maraldandor

Kerric 12th Dec 2015

Likes 6

Edit: Seems I posted this more or less at the same time as it went live
See you in-game!

It's pretty stable for me at the moment, atleast when it comes to crashes. I can usually get 30 mins to 1-2 hours of playing time, depending on how much I interact in the game. Got pretty decent FPS as well. It will probably go live before christmas.

It's still buggy as hell as is to be expected from a semi-alpha, but I gotta say, even if it's not all that playable at the moment, its's definately the most promising game I've ever seen. Snuck into a Connie the other day due and just hung around inside while the pilot went around and did stuff, and it's just amazing.

The potential is staggering, so here's hoping they will (continue to) deliver.

I'm usually up for some shinanigans, just hit me up on Steam if I'm not on TS.

Last Edit: 12th Dec 2015 by Kerric
Forum » MMO's » Star Citizen
Please login or register to reply.
Events
« Jun 2017 »
M
T
W
T